Monday, May 2, 2016

Week 62 Mossoró, Brazil

Mossoró <3


Our bishop already loves Ricardo, the man we baptized last week. On Monday night, he organized a family home evening and picked up us and Ricardo, along with the other sisters and a few of their investigators (some 10-year-old kids who kept begging me to speak English :). We´re really happy because we know it means that the ward will keep taking care of Ricardo even after we get transferred.

On Tuesday, we went home after almoço because I was dead tired. (Ever since we went to Ouro Negro the week before, I was super tired all the time and always had a headache, and sometimes a slight fever.) When I measured my temperature, I saw that I had a fever, so we stayed home that afternoon. My fever got up to 102 degrees, and would not go away. I finally decided to ask someone for a Priesthood blessing, so we called Felipe and his dad, Jucenildo, and asked them to come over. They came and gave me the blessing at about 9 pm, I went to sleep, and woke up without a fever in the morning and was great for the rest of the week. I know that it was because of the power of the Priesthood. I know that Heavenly Father wanted me to humble myself enough to ask for a blessing and trust in His power. 

We had a good week, but lots of discouraging moments in which we had to drop investigators or in which we got dropped by our investigators. But we worked super hard and did lots of street contacts, and the Lord blessed us for our efforts. We found lots of great new people to teach. And on Sunday, Lucas (the boy we baptized) went around inviting all of his friends to church and took two of them, Iggor and Chiquinho. Sunday was one of the most stressful days of my life. It´s never a good idea to take a group of young boys to church, because they all rally each other up and cannot stay still and be reverent. They were all running around in the chapel, talking super loud, laughing and being totally irreverent. During the sacrament, I had to repent for having felt the urge to kill investigators and recent converts. :)

And on top of that, we gave a lesson in Primary and all of the kids were screaming and stressing us out. Sunday really made me think twice about Elementary Education...

I played the piano at the sisters´ baptism after church, and pretty much all of the little kids came over and surrounded me to watch. They asked me to speak English too. It was hilarious, and you´ll see a picture attached. 

After church, we visited João Victor, who will be baptized this week. We had to ask for his dad to sign the baptismal "ficha," but he doesn´t know how to read or write, so we covered his thumb in pen ink and he signed it with his fingerprint. I also think Brazil is the only place where, when you go to fill out the ficha, the person doesn´t know their own birthday or their parents´ full names and birthdays. Oh, Brazil. :)

So, that was our week: a crazy adventure. But I wouldn´t trade it for anything :)

Love,
Sister Weatherford


No comments:

Post a Comment