Thursday, November 5, 2015

Week 36 Santarém Natal, Brazil

We had another great week. This week was transfers (this one was only 5 weeks), but Sister Nunes and I stayed here in Santarém. Only two elders in our district were transferred, and our zone hardly changed at all. I´m super happy that we got to stay together in our area, since I really wanted to finish her training and keep working with the people we have here. We met another amazing investigator, Jessica, who is the aunt of a young woman, Juciele, who hasn´t been active in church for a while. We´re working with both of them and they are wonderful. We did a contact with two young men on the street who asked us so many questions that we ended up standing there talking to them for at least an hour. We returned and taught one of them, João Lucas, later in the week, and we´re going to keep working with him. We also started teaching a woman named Carla, who is addicted to drugs but is super receptive and wants our help. She has two daughters who we´re also teaching. We´re still teaching Lauane, Lauanda´s sweet 10-year-old sister, and Júlio, our golden investigator. We didn´t get to teach him at all this week since he was never at home when we went by. He recently got divorced and he´s keeping himself really busy so he won´t be as sad. But he did go to church on Sunday. :) 

I love this ward. This week, several members went out with us to help us teach, do contacts, pick up investigators for church, etc. The members here are absolutely wonderful and always willing to help, which means a lot to us. Now that I´m a missionary, I really want to be more helpful to the missionaries when I get home. :) 

Also, happy Halloween! It did not at all feel like Halloween. Brazil recognizes that October 31 is Halloween, but no one does anything. I hope everyone ate lots of candy :) Also, Halloween is supposed to be cold, but now that it´s turning into summer here, I literally feel like I´m going to melt every day. I can´t even express with words how hot it is here. And it´s just going to get worse! But I love being a missionary here. I love this gospel and I love my Savior. And I love all of you; thanks for your support!


Love,
Sister Amy Weatherford


Me and Sister Nunes with our favorite white chocolate (which we gained in a gift exchange with our district)


Me and my beautiful companion (with another picture in the background -- photoception!)

Me and the gorgeous Sister M. Baker :)

We did a gift exchange with our district, sort of a secret santa type thing :)










No comments:

Post a Comment