Monday, October 5, 2015

Week 32 Santarém Natal, Brazil

7 Months

As of yesterday, I have been a missionary for 7 months. This week had some difficult moments, but it was also awesome. We had a mission zone conference with all of the zones in the capital, Natal, which makes up half of the mission, and we received lots of good counsel from President Soares to apply to our missionary work. It was also fun to get to see other missionaries, including two of my past companions (Sister Thomson and Sister Coelho). We met some new people this week, including two recent converts, a young man named Reison and an older man named Neto, both of whom are great. Neto especially, since he bought us pizza and açaí ;) Reison´s grandma, Miriam, is also a recent convert, but she´s almost deaf, so you have to scream in her ear. And to make things worse, the day we visited them there were super loud tractors outside and everyone had to scream at each other. It was stressful in the moment but now it´s funny. Our investigator Marcílio, loved conference yesterday and is super excited for his baptism for this Saturday. And we´re working with lots of other people besides Marcílio too, don´t worry, but I´ll give more updates about them in the future. :)

I also loved General Conference. I got to watch the Saturday sessions in English with some other American missionaries but watched them in Portuguese on Sunday. We were encouraged to center our lives on Jesus Christ, keep the Sabbath day holy, self-examine to see what we can improve, and to trust in the Lord. I felt touched and strengthened by the inspired words of our prophet and apostles and I´m grateful for their guidance. 

I´m going to keep this email short since I´m short on time, but everything is going well here in Santarém. I adore my lovely companion/filha and I love this area. And I love being a missionary :)

Love,
Sister Amy Weatherford

I attached pictures of me with Sister Nunes, me and some other sisters including Sister Coelho, me and Sister M. Baker, me and Sister Thomson, the beautiful city of Natal as seen from our bus, and me and Sister Nunes and Vital at General Conference.









No comments:

Post a Comment