Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Week 4 Provo MTC


Hey everyone!

It's been another great week! I don't have that much to say, since our schedule is the exact same thing every week, but here are some highlights:

I have 4 dots on my visa now, which means it is ready for collection! I still haven't heard from anyone in church travel or here in the MTC, so we'll see what happens, but I'm assuming I'll be flying to Brazil in two weeks! Plus, Sister Thomson now has two dots on her visa and we're really hoping that hers comes in the next two weeks so that we can fly to Natal together!

As for Portuguese progress, I bore my testimony in Portuguese on Sunday and I now have 8 scriptures memorized in Portuguese. My goal is to have 15 by the time I leave the MTC. Also, every single one of my teachers has commented on what a hard time Brazilians are going to have with pronouncing my last name, so that will be fun :)

I was called to be the Sister Training Leader in my district, so that's new. We had great devotionals and lessons this week, and we even got to teach two native Brazilians during TRC. They were easy for me to understand, which was nice, but I felt like such a gringo trying to talk to them :) 

My companion loves complimenting elders' ties, and this week, when she said "I like your tie," this one elder said "That's a page 33, sister." We had no idea what he was talking about, so we opened our white handbook to see that page 33 is the one where it says not to flirt with people. We were laughing so hard :) I keep getting closer to my companion and the other two sisters in our room and district. They are all amazing girls and I'm grateful to have this chance to learn with them and have fun together. 

Everything is going great overall, and I am so grateful to be here, as always. I can't wait for Easter this weekend, especially because it's General Conference weekend! Easter is such a special time of year. We've taught a lot of lessons this week about faith and the Atonement, and my testimony of Jesus Christ has already grown. I love this time of year when we can be even more grateful than usual for Jesus Christ and for the amazing sacrifice He made out of His love for us. Happy Easter, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment