Monday, March 23, 2015

Week 2 Provo MTC

Hey everyone!

My second week here in the MTC went so fast! I'm doing really well and I love it here! Here are some of the highlights from the week:

We went to the MTC choir practice on Tuesday and it was great. The conductor is a super hilarious guy, and we got to perform at the devotional right afterward, which was broadcast to all of the MTCs in the world! I'm famous!

Sister Thomson (my companion) is awesome and we're having tons of fun together. I found out that she likes One Direction, so that really bonded us ;)

We got our second teacher on Friday, and it was the "investigator" that we've been teaching since our third day here. Her name is Sister Wells and she speaks Portuguese beautifully!

We were talking about our other teacher, Brother Sears, with the elders in our district the other day, and one of them said "His face looks like the Holy Ghost. He's just perfect." And we all thought it was hilarious. Our teacher really is awesome and we all think he must have been the greatest missionary on the planet.

I played the piano in sacrament meeting on Sunday and it went really well! I was grateful for the opportunity to play, since I've been missing my usual piano practice.

We get to watch films on Sunday nights (church ones, of course) and Sister Thomson and I went to see Legacy. It had a few romantic scenes and we decided that it was the closest thing we were going to get to a chick flick in the next 18 months :)

Those are the main stories from the week. Other than that, things are just going well generally. I'm learning lots and Portuguese is coming along (it's such a beautiful language). I love my companion, roommates, and district, and I'm just super happy here overall. I love the MTC and am grateful to be here :)

All my love,
Sister Amy Weatherford

The pictures attached are of my district at the temple, the girls I share a room with (they're all in my district), me and Sister Thomson pointing to Natal, Brazil, and another one of my district at the temple (from last week).






Here are some cookies that Amy enjoyed!  Thank you, Bryan.


No comments:

Post a Comment